ok so this past october marked 3 full years of living on melinda ct.
people who know me know i’m now officially restless.
so we are looking at homes…again.
i had thought that we had settled on staying for a bit longer in melinda ct. buttt these two houses appeared on my feed again.
up for consideration…house number 1.
a smaller house located near downtown holland. it is 1226 square feet not including the basement. it has a 1 stall unattached garage and a fenced in backyard.
- close to downtown holland
- small house – small upkeep
- moderate redo – not horrible to redecorate
- only $50,000 (we could pay our house down in 1 year)
- we wouldn’t have to worry about selling our current house right away because we could afford these two for a while – less stress involved
- small house – small house
- one bathroom
- one stall garage
- longer drive for joe and me to grand rapids
- moderate redocration
- unknown issues
- again small house
- unknown neighborhood
- having to sell a house and move
- it is big and beautiful i can pose in front of the staircase
- it has a big formal dining room
- it has a double lot sized yard
- it has a two stall garage
- it was just reduced to $159,900 (needs about $30,000 in repair)
- it is close to downtown grand rapids
- it is in a great neighborhood
- close to joe’s work and gr store
- it is big, over 3,000 sq. feet of fun
- needs work – railings, bathroom and kitchen
- we don’t know how to fix things we have to hire someone
- if we buy this house, we will be here at least 10 years. do we want that?
- is this our permanent place?
- utilities for a house this big
- repairs for a house this old
- far from holland store
- school district
- outside needs to be re painted
- we like the location it is right in the middle of holland and grand rapids
- we bought it at a good price and do not have a ton of money into it so we could resell it for (hopefully) a profit some day
- it’s newer so we do not have a lot of major repairs
- good big fenced in backyard for the mutts
- good size about 2,500 square feet. enough room for us each to have a bathroom and office
- room to grow – we still need to finish basement
- neighbors are kind of lame (except tim and nancy – we like them)
- location is not young couple friendly
- house doesn’t have a ton of character
- i like vintage..this house was built mid 2000’s
- i’m bored
- this house is bored