I think that this caldwell boyfriend blazer from madewell might be the hero of my fall and winter wardrobe. I have worn in at least ten different ways and I keep on thinking of more and more. (ps I’ve been saving them on my pinterest board) One of my Instagram friends sent me this idea when I was tossing around the idea of keeping the feathered maxi skirt from Anthropologie and I thought why not style it with Tulle!
It took me a bit of adjusting to get the belt just right but I like how 90’s belting a jacket felt again. If I only would have saved my banana clip… (Can we please bring those back? The banana clip made styling curly hair sooooo easy. I mean we’ve already welcomed back scrunchies?)
Here are some tips for pulling off this look
- I found the best place for the belt was just under the bust. Like a nice boob shelf lol.
- Use a wide enough belt to stand out against a patterned blazer. I tried it with one of my skinnier ones and it just got kind of lost.
- use a solid neutral colored belt.
- keep it simple on top.. my black tank top was in the wash, this is a sports bra (shhh don’t tell)
- I tried this look with flats but the glimpse of leg made it seem really choppy so I went with a boot.
I just ordered this exact blazer in a second color because it fit so well and i’ve worn it so many times. It does run a tad big but not big enough to go down a size. I took a medium in it.
Check out how else I styled it here with the matching pants.