Valentines Day is most likely going to be spent at home for Joe and I. That means, it’s time for some Valentine’s Day DIY gifts! This is actually the one “holiday” where Joe and I opt to stay home anyway. In previous years the menus are always double the cost and super crowded. We have our own little tradition of staying in and making a fancy dinner ourselves. This tradition came about when one year there was a blizzard on Valentines day. We canceled our reservation and we white knuckle drove to the grocery store up the corner for a few things for dinner. We made these amazing steaks and a parsnip soufflé and ate it in the fancy dining room with candles in our pajamas. We decided from then on out that Valentines would be spent at home, cooking together. It might not seem that different from any other night but on Valentine’s Day we go all out at home.
I miss hanging out with my friends more than ever and I found some fun Valentine’s Day DIY and gift ideas that would be fun to exchange or craft together over zoom. Can anyone else not wait until we are like…zoom what? I’m typically not much of a DIYer in the sense of crafting but since Otto is most likely going to also be spending Valentine’s Day with his parents I thought some fun kids Valentine’s Day DIY projects would be fun to do together as a family.
Valentines Day DIY ideas for Friends
- I thought this Toilet Paper idea was hilarious considering these “unprecedented times”
- These Valentine’s Day DIY felt coffee sleeves from Martha are adorable and easy to make.
- These homemade tiny little treat bags filled with candy are the perfect gift for the gal with a sweet tooth.
- Potted Succulents with a cute valentines day label are perfect for these dreary winter days.
- Little gum ball machines made from terra cotta pots are so clever!
- This DIY sugar scrub looks amazing!
- Why do I want this sharpie bouquet so bad? Better yet, make it gelly roll pens.
- This pink hot chocolate in a jar is adorable.
- These tic tac toe necklaces are so cute.
- These hot air balloon gift baskets are so creative!
Valentine’s Day DIY ideas for kids
- These S’more of you packages are adorable and simple to make
- Tiny little tackle boxes filled with gummy worms.. so cute!
- These chocolate covered pretzels would be so fun to decorate with kids.
- Bee My Valentine chapstick valentines are clever and simple.
- What boy doesn’t love dino valentines?
- Homemade Lego Valentines would be a fun and creative valentine to assemble.
- DIY bracelet kit valentines from one DIYer to another.
- DIY love bugs Otto would love the glitter!
- Allergy friendly valentines with bubbles!
- Kinetic Sand Valentines are creative and cute!
Even thought Otto might miss his valentine’s day party at school due to us keeping him home because of Covid, we might have to assemble some of these super cute ideas. There are some children in his class with different allergies and I love all of the non food and candy options for a Valentine’s Day diy gift. Otto doesn’t eat candy anyway (except chocolate coins). If you are not in to the crafty Valentine’s Day diy projects I have some great gift ideas for the gardener in a previous post. Wondering what to wear? I got you covered (literally)
Valentine’s Day is a fun excuse to wear pink and eat candy. I’m all for it!