I am pretty sure that I have gotten the most wear from these pants than any other piece in my closet this season. see exhibit A.
They go with everything from structured jackets and blouses to t-shirts to athleisure sweatshirts. I fell in love with this sweatshirt at madewell but for the price tag had to make it work for more than just casual Fridays. I tried on a few different combos but I think I figured out the secret to mixing in pieces of athleisure into your wardrobe.
Sweatshirt: Madewell, Large Sale
Pant: Madewell, 12 Sale
Coat: Show Me Your MuMu Old, Similar here and here
Shoes: Tory Burch, Sale
Purse: Gucci Older. Look alike style Here and Here
Here are my to do’s for mixing athleisure into your work wardrobe.
- I think with athleisure it’s important to mix in one solid piece like the sweatshirt in with your wardrobe. The thing I liked about this sweatshirt is the sleeve detail has a little big of puckering at the shoulder which helps make it a little less casual.
- Pair it with something structured like these pleated wide leg pants. These pants are wide leg but the top is shaped with pleats which gives them a little more formal look.
- Go wild with a statement jacket. I am obsessed with this leopard fur coat. It’s a bit crazy but I am surprised at how much leopard goes with. See 3 ways to wear a leopard dress here.
- Don’t forget about accessories. Accessories elevate everything. From a formal handbag to velvet shoes a difference in texture and bling will always elevate a piece of casual clothing.
Here are some things that I find didn’t work with trying to dress up this sweatshirt.
- Bright colors just really tried to overpower it and made it look like I was going to the gym.
- Don’t add more than one piece. For me, It looked like I was heading to the gym.
- Don’t forget to dress for you! At the end of the day this style is about what YOU like and what YOU feel comfortable in.